Online Roulette is a popular casino game among Australian players. The popular game, which was first played in France, gets its name “Roulette” from the French language. When loosely translated the name means “little wheel”. Roulette is a betting game where players bet on numbers between one and thirty-six. They can also bet on a range of numbers in the red or black segments.
The creation of Online Roulette is for players to have an online casino experience and win real money while playing in the comfort of their own homes. Online Roulette is an exciting game that offers players the chance to win big money and take home huge jackpot prizes.
Best Online Roulette Casinos Australia
How to play Online Roulette
The Online version of Roulette is similar to the one you’d play at a land casino. When you play online roulette you will make a bet on where you predict the ball will land. Once the ball is placed on the 36- number wheel. It’s an easy game to learn how to play.
When playing the game, you simply pick a number and colour; odd or even then you spin the wheel. You place a bet on the number you think will win. The wheel is spun in one direction while the ball is thrown in another. Once the wheel has spun and landed on a number, the amount of your payout will depend on the type of bet you made.
5 Easy Steps to Play Online Roulette:
The compartments of the roulette wheel are divided and numbered. The space is big enough for the ball to land in them once the wheel stops spinning. In the different variants of the game, the numbers will differ in value. French and European Roulette comprise of one 0. In American Roulette, there are single and double zeroes.
Below are the steps that you need to follow when playing online roulette:
- One: Place a bet. Choose the outcome where you think the ball will land on the roulette wheel.
- Two: Place a wager. Make sure you check the stakes before you place your wager. This will help you gauge how much your payout will be when you win.
- Three: Spin the Roulette wheel. This is where the excitement really kicks in. Click the button that says spin. This is only for the online version. When you’re playing the live version of the game, the dealer will be the one that spins the wheel once all bets have been placed.
- Four: Win real money. Once the ball has stopped, a marker is placed on the winning number. The losing bets are then collected by the casino while the winners are given their payouts. You will only receive a payout when you play for real money online.
- Five: Once you have collected your payouts from the previous round and you want to increase your winnings, you can press the re-bet and spin. If you are feeling lucky, you can increase your stake by pressing the ‘double and spin’ button.
- Online Roulette is a game that is based on luck. It is advisable that new players start with the demo version of the game before investing real money. Most online casinos in Australia offer the demo version to players. Playing the demo version will help you become familiar with the game and its variations.
Top Online Roulette Games
This variation of the game is the most popular. European Roulette wheel has a single zero which means that its House Edge compared to other versions of the game is lower. The House Edge stands at 2.7%.
American Roulette uses the double zero variation. The numbers on the wheel are also sequenced differently with the House Edge standing at 5.26%. This makes the winnings more lucrative. The bets that are available in American Roulette are similar to that of European Roulette.
Just like European Roulette, this variation uses a single zero. The bets are similar however French Roulette has the added “La Partage” and “En Prison”. The two added bets work as insurance. This is beneficial to players because you only lose half of your wagered amount when the wheel lands on a zero.
Double Ball Roulette
This variation uses two balls instead of one, hence the name. However, not a lot of casinos offer this version of online roulette. Casinos that have Double Ball Roulette offers huge multipliers of up to 1300x your initial bet should the ball land in the same segment.
Betting Options on Online Roulette Wheel
The roulette online wheel offers two types of bets that you can place. These are inside bets and outside bets. Inside bets offer bigger payouts, although the probability of winning is small. Outside bets have a better chance of winning however give out smaller payouts.
Below we break down the different types of bets available.
- Straight: This is a bet on any number. You can place your chips on 0. 7, and 20. The pay-out is 35:1.
- Split: Putting a single chip and two numbers next to each other. The pay-out is 17:1.
- Street: Placing bets on numbers in the same row. The payout is 11:1.
- Corner: Placing a split bet between four numbers. The payout is 8:1.
- Basket: When you place bets on numbers 0, 1, 2, 3. This is also known as the first-four bet and pays out 6:1.
- Line/Double Street: Double bet covers two rows of three numbers. This is also similar to a street bet. This bet pays out 5:1.
- Red/Black: Placing bets on whether the ball will land on a red or black number. The pay-out is 1:1.
- High/Low: Betting on whether numbers drawn will either be low (1-18) or high (19-36).
- Odd/Even: Placing bets on whether the ball will land on an odd or even number. The pay-out is 1:1.
- Columns: Placing bets on a number within one of the three columns from 12 numbers. The columns are not numbered. The columns pay 2:1.
- Dozens: Dozens of bets work like columns however are in order. These are shown on the roulette table as 1st 12, 2nd 12, and 3rd 12. The bet pays out 2:1.
Free Online Roulette
The best AU casino sites give you the chance to play roulette online for free. This means that you don’t have to deposit any funds into your account before you play. This is perfect for players learning to play the game or simply wanting to improve their skills and knowledge of the game.
Free Online Roulette
The best online roulette casinos allow players to try out the demo version of the game. This is perfect for players who want to try out the game for free to learn or improve their skills. Once you are confident, you can play for real money.
Best Online Roulette Tips Online- Winning Tips for Roulette Online Games
When you play Roulette for real money online, every player receives different colour chips. Their values are pre-determined before players receive them and play begins. Below are some steps to take when you play online Roulette:
- Learning the rules of online roulette will put you at an advantage of winning. Plus, a little confidence goes a long way.
- Make sure to choose an online Casino that has a good reputation and is legally compliant with set regulations.
- It’s better to place outside bets so that you don’t lose money instantly.
- Place outside bets and wagers on specific numbers, and don’t bet on single digits. Place three bets or more on the wager.
- Make use of the free play at the online casinos that offer them. There are also variations that you can try out too.
- Always read reviews of the online roulette casinos you wish to play at. The last thing you need is to lose your money to rouge casinos and a bitter gaming experience. The best casinos to play at are licensed ones. There, you won’t be disappointed.
Online Roulette Glossary
- Inside gamble: This is when you put a bet on numbers inside the layout of the wheel.
- Outside bet: Betting on the inside or outside, evens and odds as well as highs and lows.
- Black bet: Putting a wager that the outcome will be a black number.
- Croupier: This is the term used to identify the dealer of the game.
- Neighbour bet: This is when you bet on the racetrack side of the table, either on the one- or two-digit numbers.
- Red bet: Placing a bet that the ball will land on a red segment in the wheel.
- Straight bet: when you place a wager on a single digit.
- Carre: French word for a corner bet.
- Corner bet: When a bet is placed on four different numbers at the same time.
- Colonne: French word for column wager.
Online Roulette FAQs
Is online roulette in Australia?
Yes, Australian players can play online roulette at casinos. Players should make sure to check that the casino is legal and registered.
Can you win real money playing online roulette?
Yes, you can win real money playing online roulette. Make sure to check that the casino is licensed.
Does roulette have a strategy?
Yes, there are strategies that you can use to make the best bets. The strategies that are available such as the Fibonacci, martingale and others.
Is online Roulette Legit?
Yes, online roulette is legit and uses a random number generator to ensure that all games are fair.
What is the safest bet in online roulette?
The safest bet in roulette online are odd/even, high/low; red/black; columns and dozens bets.
What numbers hit the most in roulette?
There are not set numbers that are hit the most in online roulette. However, you can check the statistics of previous games to check the hot and cold numbers.
Can you cheat in online roulette?
No, you can cheat online roulette as a random number is used at licensed and regulated casinos. The games are audited to make sure that the games are fair.
What is the best online roulette variation to play?
The best online roulette variation to play is European roulette because of its odds.